There are many services, ranging from planned activities to transportation to medical services, available to older adults in Indian River County. These are offered by the Senior Resource Association, Dept. of Elder Affairs (State of Fla.) and Veterans Services.
Indian River County Senior Resource Association
The Senior Resource Association provides services to the senior population of Indian River County. The SRA also disseminates information on other services available to the county's senior population. The Association is located at 686 14th St, Vero Beach, FL 32960 (772) 569-0760, and 815 Davis St, Sebastian, FL 32958 (772) 388-5827. For more information, request a copy of "A Guide to Senior Services, Indian River County, Florida".
Adult Day Care Center
The Senior Resource Association operates a professional, supervised day care center Monday through Friday 7:30am to 5:30pm. Transportation is available for those in need. A licensed practical nurse and an RN are on duty at all times. Please call for programs and more information. The location of the Senior Centers and Adult Day Care Centers are:
Senior Center Location
686 14th Street
815 Davis Street
Current Programs to Improve Quality of Life
Since 1974, the Senior Resource Association has also offered programs to improve the quality of life to all older adults in the county. Programs currently offered include:
- Senior Activities -- The Senior Resource Association serves as a guide to finding senior activities in the local community. Please call 772-469-3147 for assistance.
- Case Management -- Case Managers with training in social work and or nursing make regular home visits to evaluate client needs and facilitate services including medical, home health care, financial, living accommodations, nursing home placement, homemaker and personal care.
- Congregate Meals -- These meals are served Monday through Friday at several locations throughout the county. Congregate meals provide opportunities for food and friendship.
- Elder Information and Referral -- For seniors seeking information about adult services, assisted living facilities and community support groups. (772) 569-0760
- Homemaker -- General housekeeping, laundry and shopping services.
- Meals on Wheels - Helping the elderly get nutritious meals are a major focus. Meals on Wheels reach homebound senior who are unable to prepare hot meals for themselves.
- Respite - Relief for the regular caregiver.
- Telephone Reassurance - Daily telephone calls to clients who live alone to check on their well being and let them know that someone cares.
- Transportation - To schedule transportation call (772) 569-0903 as far in advance as possible with a minimum 48-hour notice for medical appointments.
For bus routes, visit the Senior Resource Association Indian River Transit http://www.golineirt.com
Community Coach and GoLine -- (772) 569-0903
Operated by the Senior Resource Association, the Community Coach and GoLine Services are located at 692 14th Street, Vero Beach, FL 32960.
- The Community Coach provides door-to-door, assisted service for medical, shopping, recreational, educational, employment, and other needs at a nominal fee, Monday through Friday. The drivers are specially trained to handle the elderly and disabled. The vans are wheelchair accessible and reservations need to be made as far in advance as possible as reservations are made on a first call, first serve basis. Fixed transportation routes are run hourly from 8am to 5pm.
- GoLine Public Transit is the Indian River public transit system with bus service on 11 fixed routes throughout the county and in Barefoot Bay. Riders take GoLine buses to work, school, medical appointments, and grocery stores, to the mall, beach and dozens of other locations throughout the area. The buses operate weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with extended hours and some Saturday service.
For more information, visit the Senior Resource Association website. www.seniorresourceassociation.org
Information from the Florida State Department of Elder Affairs
( 850) 414-2000; email@example.com
Note: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
The veterans service provides daily transportation to the Veterans Hospital in Riviera Beach. For more information contact
- Vero Beach, (772) 567-8000 Ext 1499
- Sebastian Square Office, (772) 589-6597
Community Information > Senior Services
4 listings found -
displayed in random order
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Map | Email | Visit Website
Since senior well-being is an integral part of family success and happiness, the Senior Resource Association provides licensed Adult Day Care Center in a homelike atmosphere on its campus in Vero Beach. Professional, caring staff include Registered and Licensed Practical Nurses as well as Certified Nurse Assistants who give families the freedom and flexibility to handle their daily responsibilities while our staff care for their loved ones in a socially stimulating and safe environment.
Vero Beach, FL 32968
Email | Visit Website
Phone: 772 200-8921
This is the time of year a Property Manager is invaluable to our winter guests. Allow Me Vero provides affordable peace of mind. Packages starting as low as $50.00 a month include weekly onsite inspections, maintenance coordination, hurricane preparation, alarm response and more. Allow Me is Licensed, Bonded and Insured. Up to $100.00 paid for new referrals. Visit our website at www.allowmevero.com