Libraries in Indian River County
- Main Library, 1600 21st Street, Vero Beach, FL 32960 (772) 770-5060.
- North Indian River County Library, 1001 CR 512, Sebastian, FL (772) 589-1355.
- Marian Fell Library, 63 N. Cypress St., Fellsmere, FL 32948 (772) 571-0068.
- Law Library, 2000 16th Ave, Vero Beach, FL (772) 770-5157.
The libraries in Indian River County are more than just a place to borrow books. They have become the connective link, the cultural and social hub, where people of all ages meet and take part in activities. Programs are scheduled on evenings and during weekends.
- The Children's Department contains information on various services offered for kids. This includes reading programs, parent/child programs, topical information related to the month or season of the year. For older children, there are after-school programs and field trips. Many of the programs designed for adults are suitable for young adults.
- Adult Services offers a calendar of events that include programs sponsored by the library, such as creative writing, drama and photography. In addition to books, computers, software, and peripheral equipment, which play an ever increasing important role in everyone's learning, are also available. There are also programs held at the library but sponsored by other groups such as income tax preparation help and the Vero Beach computer users group. Adult Services also includes information on the Adult Literacy program.
The Main Library in Vero Beach is located at 1600 21st Street and is open 7 days a week. For hours visit the website or call (772) 770-5060 for more information.
The library features "remote access databases" that the public may access from home or work.* "InfoTrac OneFile" is a one-stop source for news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics. There are millions of full-text articles, many with images. This database is updated daily. "Health and Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module" is another database that's been added. To access these and other databases, go to the Web site Click Here.
One of the more unique assets of the main library is the Florida History/Genealogy department which has its own specialist on staff.
The Sebastian Library (North County Library in Sebastian is located at 1001 Sebastian Blvd, Sebastian, FL 32958. It's closed on Sundays. Call (772) 589-1355 for hours and other information. The library has recently completed a renovation to add much needed space. The Friends of the Library sponsor weekly movies during the winter and spring months and operate the book store. The library holds events going on daily. Please visit their website above for additional information.
The Brackett Library is a joint-use library between Indian River State College and Indian River County. Indian River State College Mueller Campus, 6155 College Lane Vero Beach, Florida 32966 Phone: (772) 569-0333
The Law Library is located within the Indian River County Courthouse. The library's hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8.30am to noon and 1.00pm to 5.00pm (closed from noon to 1.00pm for lunch).
* Provided by the Florida Departmentof State, Division of Libary and Information Services and funded under the provisions of the Library Services & Technology Act.
(Source: Indian River County Library System)
1 listings found -
displayed in random order
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Map | Email | Visit Website | More Info
The Archive Center and Genealogy Department is specialized and unique from the rest of the Indian River County Main Library. Since the department was voted the 'Best Genealogy Library in a small town' people travel a long way to use the collection.In addition, the Florida and local history collection is very extensive. Since the hurricanes of 2004, the library has received 10-15,000 photographs and 50,000+ documents.