The Homestead Exemption offers a tax break for Florida residents.
Every person who has legal title to or beneficial interest in real property in the State of Florida and who resides thereon and, in good faith, makes it his or her permanent residence as of January 1 is eligible for Homestead Exemption. Each owner who resides thereon and makes it his or her permanent resident must make an application in person and present proof of residence. If title is held jointly by husband and wife, either may file but should bring proof of residence for the spouse.
In order to file you will need the following:
- Copy of the Recorded Deed
- Social Security Number of all applicants
- Proof of Permanent Residency if you are not a U.S. Citizen
- Florida Driver's License (valid "in Florida-only" licenses do not qualify)
- Florida Vehicle Registration
- Florida Voter's Registration
- Declaration of Domicile (if you do not own or drive a vehicle)
- Utility bills
New applications for the Homestead Exemption must be made in person in the Property Appraiser's Office between January 1 and March 1. From March through December 31, you may pre-file for Homestead for the next calendar year.
Office locations are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding legal holidays).
- Property Appraiser's Office in Indian River County is located at
Indian River County Administration Bldg., 1800 27th St., Vero Beach, FL 32960 (772) 567-8000
- Sebastian Square, 11610 US 1, Sebastian, FL 32958 (772) 388-6034
Community Information > Homestead Exemption
0 listings found -
displayed in random order